Day 13 – Pleasure

There are so many simple pleasures in life.  When I sat down to write this post, I had no idea what I would photograph.

• The sun that shines on your face around 6pm.  When it is low in the sky and warming your cheeks.
    • The beauty of a breeze on a spring morning.
    • 600 thread count sheets. And the thrill of sliding between them after a hard day.
    • A cold Pepsi on a hot day.
    • Driving a convertible with all the windows rolled down and the music turned up.  By. Myself.
    • Oh! Miller Light. Ice Cold. From a Bottle. In July.
    • Sliding into pants you couldn’t fit into last month.IMG_1834[1]
    • Custard filled doughnuts with chocolate icing… and crapichino from Sheetz
    • Listening to Alexander squawk as he learns new sounds.
    • Teaching the twins that holding hands is our secret code for “I love you.”
    • Snuggling with all three kids on the living room recliner.
    • Watching my husband build a tree house for the kids. With a broken foot….
    • Rolling over in the middle of the night, and knowing that he will be there.
    • Holding his hand when something is bothering me.
    • Watching my husband research his newest project – so it can be just right.
    • Pleasure – is spending every day with the man you love and the babies you created together.

Start the 30 day photo challenge HERE. (Be sure to check out the other linkers!)

Comments

1. Yes it is.

2. laughingmom says:

What a wonderful list of pleasures! So true!

3. Jennifer says:

This morning after David left and Big Girl had gotten on the bus, Bud climbed onto the couch and slid his hand into mine. He just sat there holding my hand as he watched cartoons. Very simple, but immeasurably wonderful.

4. I just ADORE you and your family. SO VERY MUCH!

5. Mo says:

Snuggling with all three kids on the living room recliner…I only have two kids, but the pre-bath snuggle just after I get home is one of my favourite moments of the day.

6. nonamedufus says:

Tissue, please.

7. GRAMPS says:

Wow—after drowning in politics and murders and bombs and overall horrible news, it was pure pleasure to read your lists—–and smile!!!!!

8. Ziva says:

Oh wow, this is such a wonderful post. You have this amazing ability to speak straight from the heart, Kristen.

9. Teaching the twins that holding hands is our secret code for “I love you.”

THIS! YES! THIS. I awesome. Especially as they get older and embarrassed by PDA. And then eventually they won’t even let you hold their hands…

But because of this? Now?

They’ll just know.
    They will.

10. MikeWJ says:

Another beautiful post and photograph, Kristen. I really like the soft, yellow light on this picture. It’s perfect for reading.

11. mike says:

You listed a whole buch of little pleasures. How to pick jsut one? Reading as one of mine is way up there.

12. Katherine says:

What an amazing AMAZING tribute!

13. Malisa says:

Awwww! Reading this post just made my day. You gave me chillbumps! I have been griping about being tire and overwhelmed and you have just reminded me to stop and just be grateful for all the wonderful little things that make my life special. Thanks for sharing those thoughts and your photo of your very sweet husband.

14. Nora Blithe says: