Day 14 – 42 : A.K.A. Don’t Stop By

Don’t come over unannounced.  Come over. But – call first. It isn’t that I don’t want to see you. I don’t want you to see this.  3 year olds have toys. They are small. They multiply every time I walk out of the room.  Here are 42 of their precious toys.  Did I mention they multiply?  Just – save me the embarrassment. Call first.

IMG_1851

Start the 30 day photo challenge HERE. (Be sure to check out the other linkers!)

Comments

1. Very creative. It looks like Steve Austin’s head is twisted. :)

2. nonamedufus says:

What only 42? Great pic. My little ones are grown up with little ones of their own. That pic looks awfully familiar.

3. Nicky says:

Um, yeah, that little white… cat?… thing next to Steve Austin is creeping me out. You don’t sleep at night, do you? I like this picture a lot. I can also relate to the statement “Call before you come over”. That should be a law. Seriously.

4. laughingmom says:

Love it! Kid’s toys definitely get bigger and easier to manage as they age. I remember when mine were around that age (2 of them) and people would walk inside the front door, see the mess, and go “Just HOW many children do you have?!?”

5. At least they’re not the itty bitty Legos. Those things hurt when you step on them barefoot. (Those cars look like they’d hurt too.)

6. Malisa says:

Kristen, don’t worry about the clutter. Your kids are only little once. Enjoy every moment of them. One of these days, you will miss those toys. I promise you. I would love to have a pile of toys in the middle of my floor right now.

7. Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

8. Mo says:

Genius. And such an amazing photo. Did you leave the display for them to find?!

9. Nora Blithe says:

I’m with you. No kids but it’s amazing how my own stuff multiplies and I’M NEAT for crying out loud. I’m with Nicky. There should be a law!

10. Ziva says:

Haha, I can’t say I can relate, not having kids and all, but M leaves telephones wherever he goes. Does that count? ;)

11. 00dozo says:

I agree with you on the “call first” issue because I will always have at least forty two things I should clean up before visitors arrive – and I don’t have kids!

;-)

12. MikeWJ says:

Hey, I’ve been looking for that Jeep in the foreground to complete my collection! How much does your kid want for it?

I can totally relate to this photograph, having raised four kids. Only two still live in the house, but we’ve picking up for years and still haven’t made a dent in the mess.

Great concept for today’s theme.