Day 17 – Time

I wish I had a cool clock. I would take a picture of it. And this 1980 something song by Randy Travis keeps floating around in my head… “Mother Freedom, Father of time…”

But, I have none of those things. Instead, I lose time every day.  I need about 10 more hours a day to get everything I would  like done.

And … I go, go, go – until I drop – exhausted.

When I wake – I find my daughter calling me. From her fake phone. In her rain boots that she put on her self. Because she is a big girl.

Where did the time go?  Just yesterday – she was lying in my arms – a preemie.

IMG_0004[1]

Start the 30 day photo challenge HERE. (Be sure to check out the other linkers!)

Comments

1. nonamedufus says:

Cute child and cute pic. You better hope she hangs on to that toy phone for awhile. Otherwise life is going to get expensive!

2. My wife and I don’t have children (by choice), but we do have a 5-year-old nephew and it’s amazing to watch him grow. We also wonder where the time went.

3. Aw, that is so sweet ~ the picture and the words.

4. MikeWJ says:

That’s an adorable photograph, and another one that deserves to be framed for the ages. I love how you grayed out the background but left her in color. It really emphasizes the important subject. The lighting’s really soft, too.

5. Oh yes. I cannot believe my son will be 16 next month. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO??!!

6. Ziva says:

She is gorgeous, such a precious little girl. :)

7. laughingmom says:

I understand this thought all too well as mine are grown and the “cute” days long gone. But I marvel at the young adults that now bless my days in place of the babies I once knew.

8. Mo says:

The wellies, the phone, the expression, all are wonderful. You take some really good photos of the children, you really do. I’m inspired.

9. Nora Blithe says:

Awesome rain boots! The girl’s got style!

10. 00dozo says:

With her hand over the mouthpiece, It almost looks like she’s saying, “Quiet everyone! I’m on the phone!” Beautiful shot.

;-)

11. Malisa says:

She is adorable! Love the way you have edited the photo with black/white and colors. Later in life, when this little girl is on a real cell phone and is miles away and is calling you to check on you, this photo will become cherished.