An open letter to all my blogging friends headed to the SITS girls Bloggy Boot Camp in Philadelphia next weekend…
Especially my girl Kristen – who will be sharing a room with me -
- I really look like this:
- I stress eat… and I’ve been under a lot of stress lately.
- I take about a million pictures and suck in my face and neck to get the one that looks like this for the online world:
- I’m just nervous that if I don’t come clean with a “real” photo – you might not even recognize me.
- There is the issue of my bathroom problems. I’m sure you’ve heard. Thing’s aren’t quite normal anymore.
- I should be ok if I avoid all fried foods like cheesesteak or French fries or beer or wine or stuff like that… Probably no problem in Philadelphia at a conference full of women…
- I will also have my twitter handle hand written on my business cards. I got them last year – before I went to BlogHer, but I didn’t even have a twitter account then. And hubs is NOT down with me getting all new cards when I still have about a thousand sitting in a box, so … I will be re-using them. Hope I still look professional.
I’ve also decided I want to change my goals for blogging. When I started, I wanted to have an outlet. Some place – for me … that I could keep the crazy from taking over. That has happened. Then I started to make online “friends.” A lot of these friends talked about making it big in the online world and using this as a real job. I learned something this week. I don’t want that.
For me, it is just too complicated. I’m not going to worry about my stats any more. I’m going to write from the heart. What I feel like, when I feel like. And the business side… I’m going to let that slide. Because at the end of the day – the friendships are what I want to trump over the business of blogging. So, I’m really excited to meet everyone. I hope you are not expecting to see the skinny me – ‘cause she isn’t here right now. The real me will be hanging out by the doughnuts with her heart on her sleeve. Trying not to make a misstep in a world she really doesn’t know much about. And excited to try to make new friends. (and petrified she will clog a toilet or two.)
See you next Friday. xo