…And then I closed my computer for an entire week.

If you are still here, reading – thank you.  I just took the longest break from the blog since I started it.  One entire week.  I haven’t written anything.  I haven’t posted to facebook.  I haven’t tweeted.  I simply needed a break.

I needed to focus on living life instead of writing about the life we were going to live. There is a difference.

So, what life did I find outside the world of my computer?

We took a “Fresh Air” kid. (post about this tomorrow).  We had parties.  We got an outdoor projector and created a backyard drive-in almost every night. We made new friends.  Last night I made a hug you before you go because I felt like I’ve known you my entire life friend.  We took the kids to explore underground caverns. (cool)  We took the kids to a museum filled with taxidermied animals. (creepy) I enjoyed fireworks without the pressure of having to write a post about the meaning of freedom.  The freedom, I guess, was in the living.

But, I missed you.

I’m ready to come back.  I have post after post ready in my head.  Of things I learned about myself this past week.  Of things I’m excited to try.  Of things I can’t wait to share with you ~ like.. The Tree House is finally Finished!  (another post)

So, for now – a few pictures of what you missed while my computer was closed:

IMG_1538[1]    IMG_1530[1]

Alexander checking out the finished tree house                  Making new “You get me” friends

IMG_1531[1]    IMG_1529[1]

P.A.R.T.I.E.S!!!  So Much Fun.

Living life. Instead of just writing about it.

What “life” have you been living?

Comments

1. Awesome!!!! As I read more books and blogs, I realized you gotta live it. Good for you mama and cheers to friends like that! I think I’m due for a shuffle of friends … Shuffle out the deck of ones that aren’t like that…

Big hugs!

Thanks for the encouragement! I love when I log on and you’ve left me a comment. It always makes my day! I totally hear you about the “shuffle of friends.” I feel the same way!

2. Yay! *Does a happy dance* You’re back! Welcome back, dear friend!

I’m really happy you took time to unplug – we all need to at some point. It’s one thing to LIVE life and to just WRITE about living it. I have to agree with you 100%.

The kids look adorable as always and Alexander looks happy and healthy. The photos make me smile and I look forward to reading more of your posts soon. (Not to add any pressure, hehe!)

At the moment, I’m still unable to venture out on my own but I’m trying to shift my mind and focus on the positive side of things. True, I have limited mobility and there’s not much I can do but shuffle about here in my apartment. On the other hand, I haven’t really had a real break in the last three years. It’s always been work and studies. So, I’ve decided to just appreciate this time as my ‘break’ and even though I’m unable to go out, I’m indulging in great films and even Disney animation to bring out my inner child :)

Great to have you back! I hope you’re feeling refreshed, happy and healthy. (Big hugs)

I have been wondering about you. AND… YAY!!! for finding me on instagram! Have you started really using it yet? I was going to follow you back, but I didn’t want to seem like a total stalker… so I figured i would give you a few days to play around with it ;) Also – I’m glad you are loving the Disney animation films. I must say – the Madagascar series are really great. I love them!! Anyway, I have such big things to talk about – and I love seeing that you didn’t leave! YAYAYAYAYA!

• Hey!!! Yes, I found you! I haven’t really been using Instagram to share photos because I have a few stalkers that I don’t want on my tail again (Long story…)

But just as your blog is the first I started following, it’s the same for Instagram. You’re the only person I follow at the moment, haha. And oh, even if you did follow me, there isn’t anything in my account that’s on display (yet). And I think between the two of us, I’m the stalker lol. If you’re not here, I check Instagram to see what’s the latest with you and the little ones.

Madagascar is awesome! And Happy Feet is just adorable! I’ve watched both these last couple of weeks. (Not much else to do)

I’m excited to read about your adventures and experiences. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and I’m so happy for you!

I was offline too! I did post a few things on Twitter or FB but only when I chose to share something. There was no pressure that I had to get something online. I’m not happy we lost our power but I am happy that it encouraged me to just take another break. I am finding that as much as I love blogging and all of my friends, I tend to give away too much valuable time to it. I need to reign myself in every so often and in the summer even more so. I don’t want to miss out on living either! So glad you enjoyed your time off! xo

You have totally been my inspiration for going “off-line”.. love it! I am loving this summer! btw… you were also my inspiration for my swimming suit. Do you remember what you said the “key to hiding belly fat” was? I got a bathing suit with that in it :)

4. We all need breaks like this, especially when real life is so busy and fun! xoxo

Man! I love that you are still here!!!! LOVE IT! I hope you are having an amazing summer. Mine has been a ton of fun.

5. Wendy @ mama one to three says:

I missed you too! :) Those things sound so wonderful. I wish you were *my* mom…

Wendy you crack me up. I wish you guys would come down here and play with us. And we could hang out. It would be so. much. fun. :)

6. Genevieve says:

Yay for living life and yay for writing about living life. Welcome back. I’m glad that the writing and the living are both part of your life.

Thank you so much! I’m trying so hard to find a balance between the writing of it all and the living of it all. And… I’m glad for great friends like you that are still around after my break. xo

7. Now you’re making me feel lazy. And guilty. And lazy.
    Because I also took an entire week break, but I feel like it was just the beginning.

I have no post ideas.
    And I didn’t have time to miss anyone (what with all the in-laws).

In fact I just might need another week of my computer being shut.
    But I’m afraid everyone will be gone when I get back…

I will still be here when you get back :) … and I say if you need another break – take it. Don’t feel lazy – because I’m still in my pajamas – at 4pm today. So – it isn’t as if I’m as productive as I seem online.

8. Robbie says:

Sometimes you just have to step away to gain perspective? Very glad you enjoyed your time off. I would LOVE to play in that treehouse!

Robbie – bring the kids. take a roadtrip. COME PLAY in the tree house!!! I’m doing a post next week with close up pictures of the entire thing. It really is amazing. And thanks – for sticking around. xo

9. AnnMarie says:

Yay! You are back! I have missed you and completely agree that everyone needs a break. I did a post just this week about summer and writer’s block and you know what…maybe it is because I need to start living life. :) I’ll be tuning in to see the new posts. Can’t wait to hear what you’ve been up to!

How are things going at your house? I’ve been wondering how everyone was handling “life after SURGERY” ;) and if you needed more booze. Maybe you do need a break. Love you!

• AnnMarie says:

It’s actually sucking right at the moment. She has asked for about 20 different things but has refused to eat anything. I definitely need more booze! It would be great to get a break but I am thinking there isn’t one in the near future. Love you, too!

10. I have just taken a massive break too, actually, I have only really blogged very sporadically over the past couple of months. Life is for living after all! I am jealous of your summer days and nights though, winter over here and it has been freezing! Makes me long for warmth!!

Anna – girl…. why don’t you guys come visit us? You are on my list… top 20 people I would LOVE to meet. I think we would have so much in common. And… if you blogged more ;) (hint hint) ;) I would be able to leave comments like this all over your blog. haha!

11. So glad you had a break! They’re so necessary periodically. I’ve only been posting 3x/week this summer for that very reason and it’s helped my mental health considerably!

12. Patricia P says:

I’ve been realizing this summer that I need to allow myself the occasional blogging break. As you said, it’s important to live my life and not just write about it. My youngest told me that if we ever get rich, I should not blog anymore. It was a good reminder to keep my priorities in order.